“Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017” Begins Today Showcasing the Most Innovative Technologies for Thailand 4.0
“Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017” Begins Today
Showcasing the Most Innovative Technologies for Thailand 4.0
BANGKOK, 21 September 2017 – Thailand holds the international exhibition “Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017” under the concept of Digital Transformation Thailand. This is the beginning of the implementation as part of the government’s efforts to reform economy and society into Thailand 4.0. The exhibition will feature latest technological innovations, and bring together more than 120 top leaders in digital technologies industry that will share and exchange their insights.
The event is scheduled from 21-24 September at Challenger Hall 1-2, IMPACT, Muang Thong Thani. There will also be the signing ceremony of MoUs between the government and private sectors, an evident cooperation and collaboration from local and international levels.
Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said, “Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017 is the milestone event which propels the whole nation into the digital era. It is organised by the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society (MDES), Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) and co-organised by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC). The event will display the process to transform the country to Thailand 4.0, a new engine of growth that will drive the economy forward through high-tech industries and innovations.
In 2017, the government has dynamically maximised the use of digital technology in three aspects;
- To create new opportunities for economic growth and improve the delivery of government services for its people: the Pracharat Internet, to bridge a digital gap by providing high speed Internet accessibility to 74,700 communities in Thailand within the next year. The government is aiming to create innovations through the application of technology i.e. e-Commerce to enhance the capabilities so that the people can run their businesses online, e-Health to enable swift exchange of information between experts and individual units located across the nation, e-Education to offer numerous possibilities for distance learning to people, including children, senior citizens and underprivileged. e-Agriculture to change the country’s traditional farming to smart farming and to help Thai farmers to become entrepreneurs and e-Service to serve as a central information center to facilitate people in obtaining public services.
- Ranges of digital innovations: Digital Park Thailand spanning over 600 rais will be built in Sri Racha, Chonburi as the center of Eastern Economic Corridors (EEC); Support the Internet of Things (IoT) to local tech start-ups; and Smart City initiatives. Digital Park and the development of Smart Cities will help improve quality of life and the local environment while enabling the country to use resources more efficiently.
- Global Connectivity: It is to facilitate international collaboration through digital platforms. The government is in the process of setting up a one-stop service for permits relating to setting up a business – Ease of Doing Business, cooperate with global partners i.e. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) that support Thai startups to form their businesses and also create a cybersecurity.
Dr. Somkid Jatusripitak, Deputy Prime Minister said, “Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017 is arranged to drive the whole nation towards digitalisation. The summit will be the largest digital & technological exhibition ever to be held in Southeast Asia and will promote Thailand’s image as the country which integrates digital technologies and innovations for development. It will also create an ecosystem that helps Thailand grow and prosper in business and enhance the quality of life for people in society.
Among the Thai population of almost 70 million, there are approximately 5 million households or more than 7 million people, mostly agriculturists still have not come close to digital inclusion. We will focus on nationwide digital infrastructure development and develop a workforce to be ready for the era of digital economy and society. The government will drive the country with the use of digital technologies and facilitate the emergence of Thailand 4.0”
Air Chief Marshal Dr. Prajin Jantong, Deputy Prime Minister said, “In this event, there will be the signing ceremony of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between various institutions and agencies for a digital collaboration and cooperation to push forward the Thailand 4.0, i.e.
- MOU between Ministry of Digital Economy and Society (MDES) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on economic and social development
- MOU between Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) and Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA)
- Multilateral MOU between Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA), the government and private sectors on cooperation to support the operation of Digital Park Thailand and IoT Institute
- MOU between Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) and Amata Corporation PCL. on Smart City Project
- MOU between Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) and Phuket City Development Co., Ltd. on Smart City Project for Digital Economy
- MOU between Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) and Pracha Rath Rak Samakkhi (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- MOU between Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) and Kingsoft Office Software
- MOU between Office of National Digital Economy and Society Commission and Microsoft (Thailand)
Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj, Minister of Digital Economy and Society said, “Digital Thailand Big Bang will create a driving force to the digital transformation era by collaborating with more than 40 public and private agencies, and more than 10 countries. The cooperation will develop people’s digital literacy for more than 10 million in 3,000 communities. The establishment of the Smart Cities in 7 provinces and investment of more than 2.5 billion baht in IoT Institute through the public – private joint venture will be the most effective strategy.
The exhibition will be arranged into three main areas;
- International expo that will showcase latest technological innovations and reveal Thailand’s path to digital era. With the highlight of 4 thematic zones; 1.) Digital Ecosystem that focuses on initiatives of current and future technological innovations that have been developed and widely used 2.) Digital Community and Smart City where participants will learn about super clusters of smart cities and experience future life through technological advances 3.) Digital Park that will expose participants to the simulation environment in which digital-based policies will be implemented in Thailand and 4.) Digital Playground where everyone can experiment, share and exchange their ideas to create innovations
- Competitions including IoT, Robot and Drone, e.g. rescue robot, drone racing, mini drone and eSports. Total award is more than THB 800,000.
- Seminars that bring together more than 120 leaders from the forefront of the digital-tech industry.
In addition, the exhibition will showcase latest technological advancements from Thailand and other leading countries around the globe. The highlights include Thailand-made VR Sphere that comes with a spherical chair, green earth innovations technology e.g. Tesla, the electric vehicle, smart homes, smart parking and featuring of dual transformer robot with a Thai giant robot and job fest where newly graduated meet with companies on the cutting edge of technologies and potential employers.
Digital Thailand Big Bang (DTBB) 2017will take place from September 21-24, 2017 at IMPACT Challenger Hall 1-2, Muang Thong Thani. For more information on DTBB 2017 and its program, please visit www.digitalthailandbigbang.com.
About Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017 is the largest digital and technological exhibition in South East Asia, hosted by the Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA) under authority of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society of Thailand. The summit, hosted under theme of “Digital Transformation Thailand” and with an event space of 40,000 square meters, features exhibitions, meetings and seminars and competition. The exhibition area is divided to four zones including Digital Startups, Digital Services, Digital Entrepreneurs, and Global Network.
The summit is organized between 21st – 24th September 2017 from 09:00-20:00 hrs daily at Challenger 1-2, IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok, Thailand.